What is a billable user on Workplace?
A billable user is someone who has been invited to your Workplace.
Someone becomes a billable user on Workplace as soon as they move from provisioned (or awaiting invitation) to invited. The user is still billable if they have not claimed their account.
You can provision an unlimited number of people to Workplace without incurring any charges. They will only become billable once you invite them.
How your Workplace bill is calculated: per user, per month
Unless your organization has a fixed price plan for Workplace, your monthly Workplace bill is calculated by the number of billable users on your plan.
Joiners or leavers during the month are billed pro rata. This is unless your contract specifies otherwise. You will not be billed for users whose accounts were deactivated in a previous billing month.
Export a list of billed users on Workplace
If you are a Workplace system admin and you don’t pay for Workplace through a reseller, you can export a list of billed users in your Workplace for a specific payment.
To export a list of billed users, you need to be logged into Workplace from a computer. Then:
- Click Admin Panel in the left menu.
- Click Payments. You may need to enter your password.
- Click the Payment details tab.
- You will see a list of all the Workplace payments you have made to date. Click on the transaction ID for the period you’d like to view.
- Click Export billed users.
You will receive an email with a Download file link. This link will expire within 4 days but you can receive a new one by following the steps above.
Multi-company groups and billing
When you invite someone whose company isn’t using Workplace to a multi-company group (MCG) in your Workplace:
- They will be offered to set up a free trial.
- After the free trial, the person will become billable to the company they work for.
If the person you invite to a multi-company group works at a company that’s already using Workplace, there will be no extra cost.